Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • This program is currently not accepting applications.
Fact Sheet:
Housing Type: Apartment Class Status: 2. Sophmore
Program Type: Study Abroad Minimum GPA: 2.5
Areas of Study: Accounting, Business Administration, Communication, International Studies, Liberal Studies, Political Science, Sociology Meal Plan: Half Meal Plan
Application Cancellation/Withdrawal Fee: $50
Program Description:



Centennial College is a private, four-year liberal arts college with 700 students located in Hong Kong. Centennial was established by the University of Hong Kong in 2012, the centennial year of the university, and provides high quality education to students from Hong Kong and around the world. Its non-traditional liberal arts curriculum not only gives students a broad range of knowledge and skills, it also gives them a global view and understanding of the modern world. Due to Hong Kong’s historical background as a former British colony, English is the language of instruction (and is widely spoken throughout the city).


Hong Kong is located on the south coast China therefore the climate is warm, similar Florida. With a population of 7.2 million in an area barely the size of Cape Cod and the Islands, the region has a lot to offer. Hong Kong Island and the Kowloon peninsula bustle with urban life, with a multitude of cafés, restaurants and shopping centers. As you go north, the New Territories offer a slower pace, with fishing villages, country parks and wetlands.

The efficient public transport network makes it easy to explore everything Hong Kong has to offer. The handy Octopus card makes it even easier—like Boston’s Charlie card-just to pay for most public transport, and purchases made at convenience stores, fast food outlets and vending machines. Hong Kong is well-connected by train or ferry to other parts of China. And if you have time for overnight travel, Southeast Asia is at your doorstep. In less than four hours you can fly to Singapore, Beijing, Taipei, Shanghai, Bangkok, Tokyo, Seoul, Hanoi or Penang.


Students at Centennial normally take five 3-credit courses for a total of 15 credits. If you are studying at Centennial for a full academic year while participating in an internship (see below) you may choose to take four courses per semester. All courses at Centennial (with the exception of some Chinese language courses) are taught in English. 

Centennial College strives to build close relationships between staff and students and encourages teamwork wherever possible. Class sizes average 15 students so as to facilitate two-way learning and small-group activities. Centennial students share access to the dining (including Starbucks), library, and sports facilities with the University of Hong Kong (a 15-minute bus ride away). Centennial therefore offers the advantages of both a small college and a large university.

The Spring 2018 Academic Calendar is as follows:
  • Arrival Date: TBA
  • Orientation: TBA
  • Classes Start: TBA
  • Mid-Term Exams: TBA  
  • Classes End: TBA
  • Final Exams: TBA
  • Departure Date: TBA

The Fall 2018 Academic Calendar is as follows:
  • Arrival Date: TBA
  • Orientation: TBA
  • Classes Start: TBA
  • Mid-Term Exams: TBA
  • Classes End: TBA
  • Final Exams: TBA
  • Departure Date: TBA


As an exchange student, you are eligible to take part in an internship if you meet the following conditions:

  • Enrolled at Centennial for a full academic year, September through May. Hong Kong Immigration Department does not permit exchange students staying for just one semester to take up any employment, whether paid or unpaid. 
  • Internship is study/curriculum-related and has been arranged or endorsed by Centennial College.
  • You do not stay past the end of the school year to work during the summer. 

For more information, see the Immigration Department’s Immigration Policy on the Study Frequently Asked Questions Page.
If you are considering an internship, you must work with your Endicott advisor to determine whether you may obtain course credit or credit towards the Endicott internship requirement.

Housing & Meals

Students studying at Centennial College reside in furnished apartments with private rooms arranged by the College. You will share the kitchen and bathroom with a roommate, who is likely to be students either at Centennial or at other nearby universities. All rooms are equipped with a bed, a work table, an air conditioner, and Wi-Fi access.

Students studying at Centennial College stay in apartments equipped with kitchens, where they can make their breakfast, lunch and dinners.

There are many other inexpensive dining choices near the campus, and throughout the city, including McDonald’s and KFC, local restaurants, takeaways and convenience stores like 7-11.

Student Life

The campus is located in the Southern District of Hong Kong Island, 15 minutes from the city center by public transportation. All classes are held in the five-story academic building designed around a central courtyard. Centennial is a small school in a big city — with around 700 students, the atmosphere is warm and friendly.

Centennial assigns visiting international students a local student “buddy” to provide peer support and answer questions about life in Hong Kong. He or she will arrange airport pickup and help you settle in by instructing you on how to use public transportation, select a cell phone contract, shop for basic supplies, etc. You will take part in a new student orientation program and receive a crash course in helpful Cantonese words. During the course of the semester, Centennial organizes several weekend activities for visiting international students. You may visit museums, go hiking or sailing, enjoy dim sum or a barbecue, or visit nearby islands, beaches and tourist attractions.

Wherever you go, Hong Kong is a food-lover’s paradise. It offers an enormous variety of dining options, from traditional Cantonese and other Asian cuisines to authentic European and American fare — whether you are in the mood for street food, fusion, Michelin-starred fine dining or home-style cooking, you are sure to find a restaurant that suits your taste and budget.
You’ll never be short of weekend activities in and around Hong Kong. Hike the Lantau Trail, relax on the beaches of Sai Kung, take in a concert at the Cultural Centre in Kowloon, or ride the cable car to the Buddhist monastery of Po Lin and see one of the world’s largest Buddha statues. Wherever you go, the mobile network has you covered, so you can seamlessly get your downloads and stay in touch with family and friends. If you like to island-hop, cruise to the larger outlying islands on a ferry or hire a sampan to visit the 200 or so smaller remote islands that dot the waters around Hong Kong and offer rugged mountain paths and sandy beaches. Since Hong Kong is located in the balmy subtropics, it is beach weather here nine months a year.

Health and Safety
All students will travel abroad with GeoBlue international health insurance, which is purchased by the College. Students will receive an electronic and hard copy of their insurance card, and should a doctor's visit (commonly referred to as hospital visit abroad) be necessary, they should reach out to their on-site study abroad coordinator/resident director. Students will be required to contact GeoBlue prior to their appointment, unless of course in the case of an emergency, and should follow the procedures outlined here. 

Students are also encouraged to register themselves in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), a free service provided by the U.S. government to U.S. citizens traveling abroad. STEP allows Americans abroad to receive updates from the nearest embassy or consulate and allows the Department of State to better assist you in an emergency. 

For additional health and safety tips, please visit our Health & Safety link on our main page. 

Student Visas 


You must obtain a visa to study in Hong Kong prior to your departure. Although Hong Kong is part of the People’s Republic of China, it maintains its own immigration, passport and visa services. To obtain a visa, download and complete an Application for Entry for Study in Hong Kong, ID 995A.
Students should mail their completed application to Centennial College. Centennial will act as your visa sponsor and forwards your application to the Hong Kong Immigration Department. Because the Immigration Department requires the original copy of this form, you cannot fax or e-mail it to Centennial. Along with the form, you must include copies of financial statements that demonstrate you have sufficient funds to support yourself while living and studying in Hong Kong. 

Processing Times

The Hong Kong Immigration Department will process your visa application in about 6–8 weeks and issue you a visa label. Centennial will collect the visa label and send it to you via express mail. When you receive the label, attach it to a page in your passport. The entire process—from the time you mail your application to Centennial to the time you receive your visa label—may take up to two months. Please plan accordingly. 


The student visa costs US$100. This amount should be paid directly to Centennial College, which will handle the details of your visa application.

Dates / Deadlines:

There are currently no active application cycles for this program.

This program is currently not accepting applications.